Friday, September 3, 2010

8/23-8/24 Roundabout fallout

I got calls from both Dennis and Joe Monday/Tuesday re my handling of the Roundabout during Council. While I'm excited about the maneuver as a way to re-energize stalled/stuck legislation, I should have pre-warned the group as to my plans. I don't want to be perceived as an "end around" guy and this is how it looked. I often rail against the "end around" - I don't want to be that guy! I apologized to Dennis for the "How" and will do again @ next Council.

At the end of the day, I need to be sensitive to the "How" but I believe the "What" has real merit and will absolutely use again. I believe intertia is a bit of a dangerous thing, since time=legitimacy even if not based on rules. The Mayor's assignment to Committee is one of those examples. The maneuver was uncomfortable/painful - it's important restore equilibrium in Mariemont Government. And this can help accomplish that end.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment