Friday, July 2, 2010

Council 6/28

I attended Council on 6/28. Here's what I saw

Economic Development
I like Jeff's thoughts on this. Council + Community engaging our current and future businesses, industrial as well as retail. This may be worth an financial investment on our end to prop up our sagging store fronts

Roundabout
A citizen brought forth the Roundabout idea, having experienced personally in WI and IN. It got the ball rolling again and we're on for Committee of Whole! This is a great advancement. I am excited to learn more about this and what it could mean for the Village. COW should meet in August.

Duke Exclusivity
I am comfortable "Selling Out" if it doesn't appear as a blight to the Village aesthetic and if there is real money to be saved by the Village. A +3% savings for Residents is very nice, but we need to take care of the Village's bottom line first and foremost. I'm looking fwd to learning more, but I'm ok with the exclusivity idea as of today.

To be continued....

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment