Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Council meeting on 12/16

I attended Council on 12/16 and here's what I saw.

Trees for 2013. I'm glad we'll see additional trees but wish we were planting 2x or 3x the amount.  We continue to be at risk by planting so few trees every year, when our aging tree canopy disappears.

Overage on budget.  This vote was technically a procedural one, but it shows the risk we have going fwd.  Budget overruns will be all the more painful as the state subsidies come to an end (I think 2014 is the first time multiple state revenue funds go to 0)

Leash Law.  This is a mistake due to inconsistency and enforceability as I've stated in previous blog entries.

My last Council meeting.  It is bittersweet but right for me to step away.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature.  Exceptions - leash law isn't appropriate.

Cortney
ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment