Tuesday, July 30, 2013

7/18 Safety Meeting

I had to miss the Safety Meeting due to my daughters' swim final race, but here's the note I shared with Dennis and Joe re my views on the topics.

Restricted parking - we need to reign in the visual clutter which has drastically increased over the past 4 years.  There are signs everywhere, and the addition of each slowly chips away at our quality of life.  We need a plan C vs the current options:  A) paint curbs or B) place signs every few yards.

Stop signs.  Once there has been an accident, we need to act.  Stop signs are the most necessary form of signage.


Cortney
-----------------------------

All,
 
I will not be able to attend tonight due to my daughter's swim final - I'm sorry for the late notice.  My views on the two topics (my views can't be included in the report, but I figured I'd let you know where my head's at):
-I support 1 side parking on all narrow streets for Fire egress
-I think we should paint the horizontal asphalt with red and/or white fire lane striping vs bold yellow on historic curbs or tall signage.  Here's an example of what I mean http://ericstow.com/services.html
-I don't love the Haines stop sign but understand the need.  I support one sign at the sw corner of the intersection.
 
Related, ***a resident*** asked me how paint vs sign vs both is decided.  If you could let him and me know the "rules", I'd appreciate it.
 
Again sorry for the late cancellation - pls call w questions.
 
 
Thanks,
Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment