Monday, April 23, 2012

Council Meeting 4/9

I attended Council on 4/19 and here's what I saw. Congratulations for Officers Mitchell of Mariemont and Kaiser of Fairfax for being awarded Act of Bravery in response to the homicide (domestic violence) in the Village last year. Miscellaneous Expenses adding up. I don't question the legitimacy of any one line item, but too much in the "All Other" bucket makes it difficult to understand and observe trends. Thanks to Joanee and Sue for putting up with the additional headache of extra detail. Trash put into Health & Rec. I don't think this makes a ton of sense, and I would like to know where the Code of Ordinances suggests it belongs here. However, I'm a fan of Denise's and trust her judgement. And, since we both sit on both committees, it doesn't make sense to throw up roadblocks. I voted in the affirmative on all votes, as all were procedural except: Levy renewal - I think a renewal is reasonable especially ahead of State budget cuts starting next year. Repaving Miami - paid for partially with grants. I think it's reasonable. Cortney ICRCTV.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment