Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/23/2012 Council

I attended Council on 1/23 and here's what I saw

New Tot Lot Playground Equip. I have seen the deterioration first hand and think the request is reasonable. I also appreciate MPPG's financial commitment. I look fwd to discussing in Committee.

New Windows in Admin Bldg. Efficiency investments are a great idea. I do not support additions to the building (save an elevator-sized one) but think we should invest in lowering our General Fund liabilities like energy bills.

Pool Board - I will not support Pool Board expansion unless I see verbal or written evidence of this body requesting the change.

Parks Board - Since they've asked for expansion, I will support their request.

New Mowing Vendor and Contract - I am thankful for Grass Cor's service to the Village and look fwd to 4 Seasons service in 2012.

I voted in the affirmative on all since they were procedural in nature. The one exception: Mowing contract. We'll save $5000 annually vs 2011 and I trust John S.' affirmation of 4 Seasons ability to execute the contract.

Cortney

ICRCTV.com

No comments:

Post a Comment