Sunday, August 21, 2011

Idea for new Belltower event

I shared an idea with Council today re a Halloween soundtrack provided by the Belltower Carrillon, and here is the text of my memo:

I would appreciate any feedback on this idea.

Cortney
-----------------
Hi All,

Had an idea coming out of the great July 4 Fireworks event. That event comes together so nicely in part due to the soundtrack provided by the Carrillon. It made me think - what other events could be enhanced? & Halloween came to mind. What if we played Halloween-themed music during Trick or Treat? I think it would be really fun and add a new layer of richness. So I followed up with Richard Gegner, one of our Carrillonneurs, and he shared a couple things:
-he likes the idea and would be willing to perform for free
-he needs both Emery Memorial ok which he thinks is no issue + Council's ok
-he shared a Halloween program was done 10 years ago but was discontinued due to complaints about the music

While it may have been an issue in the past, 10 years has passed, and I think it's still a worthy idea. I would like to make this happen and will be happy to own this. If no one is opposed, I'll reach out to Richard and share we're ok to proceed. If anyone has a question/concern, let's either chat 1:1 or at Council tomorrow. I'll assume we're ok to proceed unless I hear otherwise.

Holler w questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment