Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Special Council Meeting May 17

I attended the Special Council Meeting on May 17 and here's what I saw. Only one agenda topic - discuss the plan to spend Village money on West St Parking.

I think concentrating parking on West street is a bad idea, plain and simple. Some parking ok, but 70+ spots means safety issues for the MM Elem kids, and and it doesn't address the needs of the Square.

One nice detail that gives me some hope in the process is Martin Koepke's involvement to guide the process. His focus on design has been lacking from previous discussions. So glad he's on the case.

Further, by bolting on a full parking feasibility study, this bad idea becomes a decent one. So it's relatively easy for me to support it.

The other comment I made is on the communication of this emergency meeting. I was not contacted. Only after the meeting was set, was I contacted by Joanee to inform me that the meeting had changed (what meeting?) While I'm only a bit player in this government, I do play a role. And I would like to see better communication.

I voted in the affirmative on the funding of this design phase.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment