Monday, May 16, 2011

Attended Council 5/9

I attended Council on 5/9 and here's what I saw

Biowheels presentation. I think a cyclocross style bike race in Jan 2013 could be a great fit, however we need to factor in SIGNFICANT destruction to the parks and tree-stands on the route. Unless frozen, the ground will suffer. A good idea, and it promotes a great lifestyle, so I'm supportive, as long as we recognize and plan for signficant cleanup and restoration.

New Garage door. I think the new door makes sense. I like that it's insulated as well. Will be a help when/if we replace windows.

Electric Buying. All upside, no real risk to the Village. Significant savings today.

"Box Score" on Trees planted and removed by the village. I love that we're finally investing in Arborist services again. This is an ongoing need in the Village. I asked John S to provide a YTD trees planted and removed and he agreed. i'm looking fwd to measuring this important metric.

Inheritance tax risk. We should plan now for 8% reduction in revenue. I have no data other than Republican rule in Columbus across House, Senate and Governor, and a campaign promise to eliminate it. Will be a big hole for us to fill.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes as all were procedural in nature.

icrctv.com


Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment