Saturday, April 16, 2011

Public Works Committee mtg 4/7

I attended the Public Works Meeting on 4/7 and here's what I saw.

For Plainville grant project, I'm Ok with the low bid since it's from proven contractor. Would like the final topcoat layer on Plainville done later in the Season if possible. Later means less truck traffic from Elementary School project.

I'm Ok with going with Schumacher Dugan for regular work. Again a reputable vendor at a good price. Emergency passage is ok since Administration Bldg stairs are so bad. As an aside, why did we wait so long to fix. This is of concern.

Within the SD contract, I'm Ok with adding on (if price is ok) to fix broken curbs and sidewalk on the Square. Normally add ons should have scrutiny but in this case, we need to keep the Square appealing and healthy.

Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment