Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Council recap 1/10

I attended Council on 1/10/11 and here's what I saw.

Confirmation of Asst Fire Chief. While I've gone back and forth during Jeff's probationary period, I decided ultimately to vote Yes. I have heard good and bad things re the job he's doing, however I've personally verified some of the good while many of the bad are explainable as out of context. And I like him. He brings an education focus which I think is great.

Ending the year in the black. We'll end our Calendar Year 2010 with the General Fund in the black vs estimates as high as -$300K in the beginning of 2010. This is fantastic. While other accounts are still in trouble (Paramedic Fund), our huge General fund ending +$10-$15K is great.

Council Committees. I am fine to continue to serve on Health and Rec, Public Works, and Rules and Law. I was asked to sit on the Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission which I accepted. This will be new work but I think involvement is minor.

Andy Black as Vice Mayor. Andy's a balanced, thoughtful guy and I happily support him in that role.

I voted in the affirmative on all votes, all procedural except Jeff & Andy, mentioned above.


Cortney

No comments:

Post a Comment