Sunday, November 28, 2010

Council Meeting 11/22/2010

I attended Council on 11/22 and here's what I heard.

Routine, quick meeting, and it was typical of 2nd meeting of the month.

Schools update was helpful. I feel the Schools are doing a nice job during design, trying to work with the Business Community. We're all in this together - none of us can exist on our own.

Recycling Award. I attended a County awards banquest where Mariemont was honored for best in class recycling - well done Mariemont Residents!! We were 2nd highest tonnage of any Village/City in Hamilton County, highest among small Villages less than 10K people. And we did it with old-school small bins, compared to Montgomery's large bins. I learned that large bins nearly guarantee an increased participation due to a psychological "abundance mentality". So, I think there's upside for next year! Keep in mind Hamilton County PAYS US to recycle, so there's even more reason to get on board.

Boy Scouts Tree sale. I support the sale and think it's an asset to the Village. I do think the neighborhood complaints are worth consideration. Meeting in the middle on lighting and parking seems like a win-win. I hope the concerns can be managed.

I voted in the affirmative on all issues as nearly all were routine.


Cortney

Meeting Video:
icrctv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment